There is no shortage of commercials and giveaways around each holiday, but eventually, those messages blend together for our customers. But when was the last time you saw a promotion for National Cheese Day (it’s June 4, by the way) and celebrated by heading to your favorite Tex-Mex restaurant for chips and queso?
Stand out from crowded holiday messaging by running a promotion for your own special day.
Whether it is an established but lesser-known national day or creating your own day, drive traffic to your location with celebration focused on your business.
Let’s take a look at a few successful examples of unknown holidays that became traffic-drivers and how you can use those to spark thoughts for your next big promotion.
Success Stories of "Holidays"
Click each image for a larger view
Translate Success Stories to Your Business
The Memorial Day push is in full-swing now, but what promotions could we run next month? Below are a few ideas for June, but if there are other months where your business might need a boost, check out this monthly holiday calendar.
You’ve Picked Your Day…Now What?
You need to let current and potential customers know! There are countless ways to build awareness in advance of a promotion, so we’ve listed a few of our favorites:
- Email: Let your current customers know (in advanceI) that you are running a promotion. Be sure to give them time to plan a visit in advance. See how Moving Targets can help!
- Social Media: Creating some exciting and attention-grabbing social posts and ads are sure to help you spread the word with those most likely to be interested in celebrating with you.
- In-Store POP: Repurpose that fun social creative to create some in-store POP that builds not only awareness, but excitement with current customers. Fun holidays deserve all the window clings and bollard signs you can design, so go crazy!
- Direct Mail: Build awareness through a channel proven to grab attention with an oversized postcard or other mailer (outside of the pack for greatest impact!)
- Geofencing: If you have a specific audience you want to target, or are looking to amplify your campaign around your location, consider using custom geofencing ad placements to reach your potential audience digitally.