Yelp. It’s the dreaded four letter word that causes many restaurant owners to lose sleep. You’d be hard pressed to find a business manager, chef or owner who would say your Yelp rating doesn’t matter. And with good reason: eighty percent of consumers have changed their minds about purchasing a product or service after reading a negative online review. We normally suggest publicly responding to every review you receive, but some reviews are so ridiculous you just have to laugh (and then post a comment).
Here are 8 of the funniest reviews we’ve encountered:
1) Sometimes you just need to get on your customer’s level, even if that means heading to Never Never Land.
2) Hearing that you’ve quenched a guest’s hunger in the barren wasteland of California will definitely bring a smile to your face.
3) Who doesn’t like beer? And who hasn’t forgotten that take-out container in the car before?
4) Every now and then, you’re going to get some hop-ons.
5) This review will give you a vivid mental image.
6) God speed.
7) Take a break from that Ivy League education and grab some crack pancakes.
8) Tell it like it is.
What’s the funniest review your business has received?