TripAdvisor is a review site that caters to travelers. As with other review sites, it’s important to claim your page, so you can ensure your business information is correct as well as monitor and respond to reviews.
How to claim your TripAdvisor page:
- To claim your business’s TripAdvisor page, you’ll need to create a personal account first.
- Next, find out if your business is already listed by searching for it. Anyone can add a business listing, so there’s a good chance it’s already there.
- If your business doesn’t have a listing, you’ll need to ask TripAdvisor to create one. Go here and fill out your business’s information. Approval usually takes a few days.
- Once approved, your listing needs to be verified to ensure you’re an actual representative of your business. Scroll to the bottom of your business’s page, click on “Manage your listing” and follow the instructions. You can verify through your personal Facebook account, a credit card or documentation (such as a utility bill).
- Once you’ve claimed and verified your business listing, fill out any missing business information and check the hours, address and phone number for accuracy. To really make your page shine, upload photos to give customers a sneak peek into your business.
Now that you’re all set-up, you can begin to address reviews. Take the time to read and respond to every review—both positive and negative.
(This post was referenced in our Mega Minute pilot.)
Social Media Strategist, Moving Targets